Saturday, October 16, 2010

Medical assistance? DENIED!

I have no idea how they can do that but I’ve been denied medical assistance or food stamps.  I am unemployed, live on unemployment, and have 2 kids to take care of. They told me I made too much money last year and that I get too much money in unemployment now. Unemployment is not income, it’s supplementation.  Here I am, almost out of medications, my psychiatrist just quit me because I missed 3 appointments, and I have no one to see, no one to refill my meds, it’s God awful.  My only hope is my social worker/psychologist that I see every week.  She’s been helping me navigate the system.  My only other option is FT job or MinnesotaCare, but I’d still have premiums and am not sure if I’d qualify. So I guess all we can do is wait and see what the welfare worker has to say on Monday.  Saying prayers every day for some relief soon.  I’m getting really fed up.

In other news, this restless leg shit has to go.  Even during the day my legs feel like they have pins and needles in them and it’s driving me absolutely apeshit.  I know I probably need medication for it, but there we go again—no healthcare or doctor to treat me.

 

Suffering. Like.Usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment